Friday, July 26, 2013

Chateau de Monte Cristo

Yesterday was a quieter day for us as the kids were exhausted from our trip to Paris.  We visited the Chateau de Monte-Cristo which was Alexander Dumas' home here.

Alexander Dumas wrote the Three Musketeers and the Count of Monte-Cristo.  The estate is beautiful with lush gardens and walking paths and we were the only ones there.  After the crowds at the Eiffel Tower, we appreciated the serenity!






The most enchanting sight is the little house built across from the chateau where Dumas did all of his writing.  Seeing all of this has inspired Maddie to read "The Three Musketeers"!





3 comments:

  1. Bonjour! Have been following you all week and living vicariously through you....I don't think my comments are posting...Bobby knows how "untechy" I am!

    Wish we were back there ! What a wonderful experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures!! I'm laughing out loud as I read your posts. We have been in the car for the last 8.5 hours, so your giving me some levity. Have a great next adventure!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8.5 hours in the car is horrible! You must have hit the terrible Grapevine road construction. I should have warned you--we hit it last week driving north:(!

      Delete